Monday, September 7, 2009

Reset

Yesterday, I fell prey to a computer virus. Not knowing any better, I did exactly what I shouldn't have done and, in return, was left with a sick, sick computer.

I spent all of that late evening and much of the morning trying to fix my computer wrongdoing. I tried uploading new software and uninstalling old. I tried ignoring the propaganda about Trojans and worms.

Worst of all, I found a reason not to write.

So I asked for help. As my husband was disgnosing the situation, my daughter came in my study and very sheepishly said: 'Mom, did you ...' and went ahead to describe exactly what I had done. There was empathy in the arms that landed on my shoulder when I said, 'yes.' I felt that and the weight of smug experience.

'I did the same thing and Trevor just reset the computer back to a couple days ago. It worked. It was like the whole thing never happened, mom,' she said.

It was that easy. And, it worked -- just like it never happened. Of course since most of the work I did in the last two days were saved on this blog (Thanks, Blogger!), it really was like the past two days did not take place. I had a chance, from scratch, to not only unravel my computer entanglements but to be free to decide how to redo my personal laptop reality. To instantly learn from the error of my btye ways and regroup. Reassess. Relive.

Would it be that my life was as easy to reset -- even if it were just for the past two weeks. What would I do? I would have done a better job with the daily self treatments. I would have done it more regularly; and a more perfect following of the treatment regiment.

And, that as bored as I sometimes may get with the treatments, I shouldn't ever just not do them. The daily treatments are central to deepening my relationship and understanding of Reiki -- there is no other way to get there.

But, of course, there is no way to reset that and yet retain the memories I want to keep. So, I guess I have to be content with my 21-day experience -- as imperfect as I now come to view them -- and work on applying the new insights I've gained to the more important present -- the Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment