Monday, August 17, 2009

Day 3: The real test

The week starts -- and my (personal) life ends. At least for about 10 hours during the day.

I’m working into my weekday routine -- 5 a.m. alarm, get up and shower, half hour of Reiki, then it’s getting ready for work.

I've kept my date with the session today but I haven't been very focused or centered as I remember having been. At 5:30 a.m., my mind is already identifying with the incessant flow of chatter; some so timid I have to wait around for at least the fifth or sixth time they reappear before I know what's been on my mind.

Then there's those that foghorn their story over and above the others, the kind you want to shout back and say 'alright already – I get it’ but your voice just gets smothered by the fog and the only way out is, ironically, to listen for that familiar siren.

Two things I'd like to add to my list -- other than the daily practice of Reiki and writing for the next 18 days -- to practice the 'Just for Now-ness' (you know, the whole 'eternity is simply the eternal present' thing) that I've been reading about, and, to find bodies -- willing bodies -- for me to practice my Reiki.

Reiki, anyone?

1 comment:

  1. I love how you captured this - my mind is already identifying with the incessant flow of chatter; some so timid I have to wait around for at least the fifth or sixth time they reappear before I know what's been on my mind.- lol....I read this posting probably two or three times..saying "is this me I'm reading about?" Better yet, "I am not alone".

    ReplyDelete