Sunday, August 23, 2009

Day 9: Just another day (color)

This morning started -- if you can even call it that -- slow and sluggish. Just an expected dipping of the spirits, I suppose, after the consecutive days of high activity. Perhaps some might call it the 'anti-climatic' lull after celebrating a milestone birthday with my daughter. I've been able to keep the Reiki self-treatments going and the practice I did this morning may have prevented any further dragging. Still, there was just a dearth of energy to be had.

Until this afternoon.

One of the sycronicities that has fallen on my lap since the onset of Reiki is a chance meeting with an old high school friend of my husband's. And this friend, imagine that, is a Reiki Master.

She is a wonderful aura of energy and kindness. She helped me understand and accept the skeptic in me -- be patient and give it time because it took me a while, she said. A piece of information she shared with me helped me make a crucial connection: By reminding me that in a Reiki treatment, the hand positions correspond with the body’s endocrine glandular system and the seven main chakras, something in me clicked -- and I had the structure and context I needed to begin the process of understanding Reiki scientifically and energetically.

But, there's more.

Today, she performed a Level 1 attunement for my husband so he can take on the healing work in his own hands -- literally. And, she let me be a part of that, even if it meant I was to be attuned again. In all of the eloquence I can muster at this moment ... all I can say is "how cool is that?"

Oh, and by the way, just in case my purple phone, watch, shawl, glassess etc. don't give it away, I happen to enjoy the color purple. Even more so today. No special reason except maybe today, it was a deep purple shade I saw when my eyes were closed -- morphing and dancing and swirling in a sea of familiar black -- all while I received a Level I attunement (see Day 1: Initiations -- a beginning).

Really -- how cool is that??

1 comment:

  1. Hmm, kinda explains that slightly different enrgy I sensed today. Purple. Never would have guessed

    BD

    ReplyDelete