Thursday, August 13, 2009

A retreat. Here. Now.

And so -- here I am, inspite of myself.

So far, I've changed my URL and title more than five times now -- and it's back to what it was when I created the blog.

And, I've rewritten the intro paragraphs enough times I could have started at least 10 -- no 20 -- different blogs by now.

You get the point.

Really, I am the last person who should be studying Reiki, a healing practice where the results are far from tangible -- at least to a beginner like me. Where proof comes less from what I see but what I am open to feel. It's that trust thing.

Here's where the retreat comes in. August 15 is Dr. Usui's (the person who started it all) 144th birthday and, in his honor, a 21-day virtual retreat will be held on that day -- the day I was supposed to start my Level II Reiki attunements but didn't because there were only two of us who were continuing the study. In exchange, the Universe has offered me this chance to deepen my relationship with Reiki not by attending classes but by (wait for it) -- practicing it.

So for the next 21 days, I will dip my curious but skeptical toes into an ocean of healing, positive biofield and play with it. Be open with it.

Feel it.

And I will write about it, too, because perhaps if I were more open with my words -- if I played with it and observed it a little more -- I might deepen my relationship with it, too. I might even learn to let go.

It's that trust thing. But I'm up for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment