Saturday, August 22, 2009

Day 8: Noise

There's been much activity around the house. The birthday celebration with my daughter's friends has continued into the first and second day of her 16th year.

I love hearing her voice among the teenage cacophony. It is very reassuring. At least for that moment in time, there is happiness, lightness and a sense of freedom -- all things not always in full force in a teenage's life. I actually find it quite heartwarming.

Except when it goes on for hours. And hours. Yes, and even more hours.

But you know, I noticed that somehow, as draining as I eventually realized it was to me, I found myself quite calm and tolerant through it all. There wasn't the impatience and irritation. Instead, I was able still to focus on what I had to do. I was centered. I felt grounded.

Hmmm, I wonder what that was about?

1 comment:

  1. To me its about letting them have theirs...and remembering...

    BD

    ReplyDelete